Ok so this post is by fan request. Yes someone saw a picture of this beautiful creation on my facebook and asked me for the recipe — as I didn’t really have a specific recipe I could point to, I thought hmm I guess I’ll write it up and put it on the blog. This one is for you Ten!
Strawberry Goat Cheese Bruschetta
- Strawberries, Sliced Thin
- Crumbled Goat Cheese (I love Trader Joes!)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Spray Butter/Olive Oil
- First I start off by slicing all of my bread into about 1/4 inch thick slices. I use a little spray butter on each side and I pop it on a tray in the oven at say 350 for about 8 minutes (flipping about 4 minutes in). But check on the bread — you want the bread to be a bit toasty but not hard and crunchy.
- Wash and slice your strawberries, as thin as you can get them.
- Once your bread is done, take the goat cheese and spread on the warm baguette.
- Top with the Strawberries, then drizzle a bit of honey and a bit of balsamic (not too much that the bread would get soggy).
- If you have extra goat cheese left sprinkle that on top too (you can never have too much goat cheese!)
Serve and enjoy!